You are not logged in.

Debbie123

Starting Member

Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 9:13pm

Pressure problem or not?

In trying to troubleshoot the problem with the system I have, I had some of the pop ups come up early on and most stay down. An irrigation supply store recommended replacing the o-ring on the filter and cleaning the filter casing and the filter itself with a soft brush. There are no holes in the filter. This is a 1 1/2" pipe run off of a 1 1/2 hp Goulds pump. When I did all of this and finally got the o-ring to stay put and seal properly, at first I got no reaction from the pop ups and then miraculously they all came up with plenty of pressure or did they? Most of them are 10 feet apart, but there are a couple of spots in each zone that are wider (20 ft), so I'm wondering. When I turned the zone (1) off, they didn't come back up the next time I tested it, but I didn't leave it running that long. On zone (2), I didn't leave it on for long, but they all for the most part stayed down and flooded like zone (1) when they didn't come up. Both valves, pump, and pump start relay have been replaced, but I'm wondering if there is a leak somewhere. The sprinklers run along a fence line and span two roads with at least a couple of them on the side roads having an inlet on them with tubing as they T into the longer stretch running along the fence. The sprinklers are 6" Rainbird 1800's. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this further? I had one person at the irrigation supply company tell me to dig each sprinkler up and look for leaks. Another one said cap all of the sprinklers off in each zone and look for a leak. The system runs off of an artesian well and is around 10 years old. Thank you.

Rate this thread