You are not logged in.

Monday, July 17th 2017, 2:56pm

Hardie Total Control repeats program

First time posting, I hope I'm following the rules.

I inherited a Hardie Total Control controller and system on a house I bought in November. I left the program on the controller the way I inherited it and the system was working just fine until just a couple of weeks ago. Now, it immediately repeats the program upon completion when it should stop until the next watering day. For example, once it cycled through the 8 stations this morning it immediately watered the entire 8 stations again until I shut it off. Each time this happens I return the dial to Run and it begins again at the next programmed time and day.

Here are the specs on my program:
Each station is programmed to run between 12 and 22 minutes.
8 stations on program A. None on any other program.
Master Valve set to ON.
Dial is in the RUN position.
I've checked out all the other dial positions and everything seems to be in order so this should cycle through the program only once. There's nothing even in the manual about Repeat.

Unless you can help identify the problem, my next step will be to erase the existing program and reprogram it to see if that fixes the problem.

What do you think?

After I posted, I saw this related posting from 2013. Could this be a source of the problem?

RE: Hardie TOTAL CONTROLLER keeps turning on!

Quoted

Quoted from "Binks"

I have erased all four (A,B,C,D) programs. Set 8 of the 12 stations to come on in the A program @ 5:30AM. But they all started coming on again a few hours later! Is the unit haunted?
--
Well that's the problem right there. You don't need to set 8 start times. That's why it runs over n over again.
Just set one start time at 530 am and the valves will run in sequence when it comes on.

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 11:03am

You only need ONE start time and the valves will run in sequence at the designated time.

Double check all the start times on ABC. You only want 5:30 one time on program A.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jul 18th 2017, 1:42pm)

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 12:21pm

Thanks. Let me try that and I'll get back to you and let you know the result.

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 10:38am

Indeed, that was the problem.

Thanks so much for helping!

:thumbsup:

Rate this thread