You are not logged in.

T_Tronix

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 10:44am

Low GPM what to do

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I recently drew a schematic and sent it out to RainBird so that they can help me out with my setup. However they claimed that my GPU is way too low.

Here are my specs:

Water pressure: 60-69psi
Service line: 3/4" copper
Water flow: 4.8 GPM

No clue how to increase the GPM (if possible) or if there's a sprinkler system that might work for me...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "T_Tronix" (Jul 1st 2017, 10:59am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 11:06am

What is the area being watered? (in acres, or square feet) - you might need to make a plumbing diagram of your supply, in order to receive advice on how to get greater water flow

T_Tronix

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 3:20pm

OK sounds good, I'll try to draw the plumbing diagram and post it on here and also include the drawing I supplied Rain Bird with.
What is the area being watered? (in acres, or square feet) - you might need to make a plumbing diagram of your supply, in order to receive advice on how to get greater water flow

T_Tronix

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:44am

Here are the drawings of the outside and indoor pipings:

Pipe indoors:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 7th 2017, 4:05pm

Is your water flow measurement a true "bucket test" of what the faucet is supplying? (flow and pressure measured simultaneously at a point downstream of your faucet)

If not, then you have more work to do, in order to properly evaluate the supply.

T_Tronix

Sunday, July 16th 2017, 2:28pm

There is only one tap, there is a shutoff valve close to the main line inside the house but only one tap (outside).

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 17th 2017, 6:05am

Even if a house has only one outdoor hose bib, there may be places much closer to the water meter where you can connect a pressure gauge. (laundry tub, water heater [beware]) If the gauge is right at the water meter, you are reading the highest pressure you have available to work with, and you have taken the rest of the house plumbing out of the equation. That might make a difference. It might not. You won't know until you try.

By the way, your image host won't allow your photos to be viewed here (you might see them, but we don't) - either update/upgrade your Photobucket account, or take the images to Tinypic.com, which is free and no registration required - you might get an brief commercial in the prove-you're-not-a-robot popup (which is why it can be a free service) - bring back the forum code with the [ img ] tags and paste it into your next post

T_Tronix

Monday, July 17th 2017, 7:37am

Ah makes sense I do have a tap for the laundry room which is much closer.

Here are the images once again since the other ones did not work...