You are not logged in.

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 10:51am

Orbit Controller Insists on running program twice

I have two Orbit systems. The front yard is older. That controller, indoors in the garage, insists on running the A program more than once. There is no B program.

I finally tried shortening the A program to half the length, so I wouldn't waste water (Southern Cal).

How can I get it to behave?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 12:57pm

Controllers that cycle twice are generally controllers that were programmed to cycle twice. Recommended remedy is to start over with the programming.

A side note. Many controllers will take a command to water more than 100 percent of set run times (a so-called "global" setting used in hot dry periods) and split the longer watering time into two separate cycles.

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 2:16pm

Hi Wet_Boots,

Thanks for replying. My controller's behavior is this: I set it for program A. A day or so later, it shows that it is about to run programs A and B.

I set it again. It resets to both again. I have tried populating program B with "blank" commands, so that there is no start time set. But the sprinklers seem to run twice still.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 5:52pm

any run times showing on program B should also be zeroed out

if you do everything according to the owners manual, and no joy, your next step is to do a reset (and hope the controller has a reset button behind the panel)

RobertAZ

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 11:13am

Program runs twice

I had a similar problem with my orbit. I had 3 zones with separate non-overlapping start times on program A. I reset and tried running under B and C, but it still ran more than once. It turns out each program only needs one start time, even though it allows each zone to have a start time. Programming more than one start time will cause the program to run all zones for each start time.

Rate this thread