You are not logged in.

Bob M

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 9:28am

Richdel 446PR

Hello,

I have a Richdel 446PR controller that seems rather old in a house we bought last fall. Now I'm trying it for the first time. No matter what manual or automatic settings I try only zone 1 works. When zone one is on it works fine. When any other zone is on the water still comes out on zone 1 but with a very weak stream and no water comes out of any other zone no matter what I do. When I put all the switches to off I still get a weak stream from zone 1 and it wont stop. The only way to stop it is to shout off the water supply. Do I need to get a new controller?

thanks

Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 10:02am

Find the zone one valve and fix it, most likely. Does the system have a master valve?

Bob M

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 10:34am

I don't know about that part of the system. I guess I'll have to do some research.
so then the problem may not be the controller?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 12:49pm

Controllers are only rarely the problem. Far more likely a stuck-open valve.

Bob M

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 1:30pm

where would the valve be? do you know where I can find info about it?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 9th 2016, 5:46pm

the valve is between the stuck-open zone and the system shutoff - if you are going to maintain the system yourself, you must know where all the zone valves are - follow the control wiring (a pro follows it with a cable locating instrument)

jimthsv@comcast.net

Unregistered

Saturday, November 19th 2016, 8:08am

Richdell controller model 446pr

how is the top plastic cover removed from the case to replace the electronic controller?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 11:43am

You don't take apart old failed controllers. You replace them in their entirety.

Rate this thread