You are not logged in.

zehbart

Unregistered

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 6:16pm

Error Code 03 on Toro DDC 8

Hello, I am working as a wwoofer for an old lady who is using a Toro DDC 8 controller for her irrigation. Since a few weeks the controller only shows "03" in the display when you turn it on. If you press the buttons nothing happens.
Is there anybody who has seen this issue as well and can give me a hint? Or is there maybe a way to reset the controller by pressing a combination of buttons?

thanks for your help
zehbart

[img]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8tViwYPQPEGUTdKdm5vN1dqb1E[/img]

zehbart

Unregistered

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 6:18pm

Sorry, I just saw that I posted in the wrong section. Maybe someone can help anyway?

mrfixit

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 6:36pm

Take the batteries out to reset it.
Look on page 4 it shows where the battery compartment is.
Take them out and wait for the display to go blank. That should reset it.

zehbart

Unregistered

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 7:31pm

Thanks for your answer. I already took out the batterie and removed the transformer. After the display went to blank a waited another 30 minutes until I switched it on again. No change - the display only shows "03" and the device does not react when I press any button.

mrfixit

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 10:35pm

Thanks for your answer. I already took out the batterie and removed the transformer. After the display went to blank a waited another 30 minutes until I switched it on again. No change - the display only shows "03" and the device does not react when I press any button.

This is a battery operated controller yes? And you unplugged the transformer?

zehbart

Starting Member

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 11:43pm

The DDC 8 is not only running with batteries. You can use with a transformer, too. The battery keeps all the settings in case of a power failure.

mrfixit

Friday, August 26th 2016, 12:46am

I see. I posted the manual to the wrong controller.
I've never seen the DDC series before.
From what you've described though it sounds like it died.
Anytime a controller is frozen like that and you can't reset it, RIP.

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Friday, August 26th 2016, 7:00am

Try disconnecting the wire for zone 3 and resetting it and see what happens. That really is a crummy controller. Maybe worth replacing it.

Rate this thread