You are not logged in.

"BigAl"

Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 7:45pm

Hunter MP3500

Can the Hunter MP3500 fix on the Rain Bird spray body (12in)? ?(
Thanks!

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 8:08pm

Yes the MP Rotators will fit on the Rainbird 1800 series.

I prefer the Rainbird 1800 over Hunter Pro Sprays. Personal preference.

I did install a couple of 12" 1800 Sam's though last week. I'm not happy with them at all. Just the washer part. One was missing and one was super loose. It came right off in my hand. So if you need a check valve I'd go with Hunter. But I've been told the ratcheting on the Hunter 12" have a problem facing the right direction.

"BigAl"

Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 8:14pm

I wanted to try the MP 3500 because it goes up to 35 feet. I could not find any spray head from Rain Bird that can do it. Any thought?

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 22nd 2016, 4:04am

I'm not an expert on the MP's. I tried them a few times. I spent a lot of money on them. I was never satisfied with what I had done.

I do know a guy who used them a lot. He's a big fan.

If people want the stream rotor nozzles I go with Rainbird. They put out more water and I like the way they spin. They wont go 35 feet though. I believe 27 feet is the max. Even with those they need to overlap or you'll get brown spots.

My only advice is be prepared to pay 4-5 bucks each and there's a possibility you wont like them. But maybe you will. Only one way to find out.

If you have the water pressure required to make them go 35 feet then they should. You might have to run them 45 minutes or longer to keep the brown spots away. It all depends, are they in direct sunlight? Are there shade trees? You get the idea.