You are not logged in.

paterjb

Monday, February 16th 2004, 9:14am

I am in frozen Northern Illinois, but I plan on blowing out the system in the late fall anyway. Maybe I should skip the auto-drain valves and the master valve!!!

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, February 16th 2004, 4:07pm

Rhode Island freezes up also. No one uses drain valves here. Definately consider using the Flow Click- It could save you money and damage to your property.

paterjb

Tuesday, February 17th 2004, 7:11am

I think I'll go with the Weathermatic 1.5" 21000 commercial series valve as my master control valve, 0 psi loss up to 15 GPM along with the Flow-clik placed after the master control valve. I'll still use drain valves in case of an unexpected freeze and I haven't blown out the system yet. Sound any good? Where can I buy the Flow-clik? Thanks

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 12:57am

Flow Click is a Hunter product. I'm sur Sprinkler Warehouse carries or can order for you

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 2:49am

If the reason you are going to use end of line drains is in case of accidental freezing then you must also install a mian line drain. I am not saying this is bad but I just wanted to point that out and it would be installed between the main valve and your manifold. This is how mine is.
Now the next thing I want to point out is that think about what it would take to break a pipe on your system. If all pipes are buried 6-10 inches deep then the ground would have to freeze that deep provided that none of your system is above ground ie backflow preventer? I dont know what it would take to freeze the ground that deep but I would bet it takes more than 10 hrs of 20 degree weather for example. Just somthing to think about
Thanks,

Pete

paterjb

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 4:05am

Thanks for the advice. I'll add a mainline drain. Any thoughts on the Weathermatic master control valve and the Flow-clik?

Thanks

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 10:01am

Sorry no experience with those.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread