You are not logged in.

moe0827

Starting Member

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 5:47am

Can't get sprinklers on

Late last summer my system was working after being serviced and I was told at the time I was going to need a new controller and sensor. However, at that time, I couldn't afford the $450 they were asking for to install it. When we got into the colder months at the end of the year, I turned my controller off to stop watering since it wasn't holding up too well anyways. I recently went out and bought a new controller to install myself. On my old controller, the irrigator only had 2 zones wired into the controller so I followed the instructions step by step and wired the zones I had into the new controller. When I got to the "water now" option to test it, nothing happened. No water came out of anywhere. Thinking I might have wires crossed, I switched them and tried the same and still nothing happened. Is there anything I can check? Or is this something I need to have someone out to have a look at? I'm re-sodding my yard so I was wanting to get this done soon. Thanks for any feedback.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 10:42am

Check the valves' mechanical fitness by operating them manually.

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 1:51pm

There's lots of stuff it could be. You said you had a sensor, was that wired directly into the old controller? Did you re-install it in the new controller? Your best bet would probably be to get a multi-meter and check voltages, starting at the controller and working your way down to the valves

Rate this thread