You are not logged in.

retiredfornow

Unregistered

Friday, August 28th 2015, 11:27am

Repair parts for old Toro 254-06-04 valve need help.

I have 17 year old Toro valves model 254-06-04 and one went bad. I swicthed with one of the other valve solenoids and problem is not the solenoid. Valve wont come on when activated. Can only turn on the valve by opening the manual bleed screw on top. Tried opening and closing the flow control on top of the valve with no help. Trying to locate a diaphragm rebuild kit but only see other models like 252-06-04 and260 series. I think the 252-06-04 valve may be the same as my 254-06-04 valve the only difference is my valve has male threads and the 252 valve has female threads? Will the 252 rebuild kit work on my valve? Don't want to pay for the wrong kit. I also saw a reference that the 264-06-04 valve parts may be compatible?
Anyone out there help? Thanks....
[*]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, August 28th 2015, 1:48pm

If the manual bleed operates the valve, then the diaphragm assembly is probably just fine. You need to confirm that you do have power to the solenoid.

If you rebuild these valves, it might be necessary to do a "guts swap" with a new valve, removing everything from the old valve body, and replacing with everything removed from a new Toro valve, including the solenoid.

Sight unseen, this is not a simple valve to diagnose, since there have been two different diaphragm assemblies in use. The oldest one has a screen on it, and it cannot be replaced with a newer one that doesn't have that screen (hence the "guts swap" repair)

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 3:59pm

The 264 is the same valve but without the flow control. The parts are compatible. If your solenoid is working it could be that your flow control stem is broken so it is not actually opening, or you could have a clogged discharge port under the solenoid. I agree with Wet Boots, just buy a new valve and replace everything but the bottom. If you don't need the flow control the 260 will save you a couple of bucks.

Annmarie

Unregistered

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 10:33pm

kQuYjXueYzzOm

Simply want to say your article is as asnihosnitg. The clarity in your submit is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine together with your permission let me to grasp your RSS feed to stay updated with imminent post. Thanks one million and please keep up the rewarding work.