You are not logged in.

LSUTiger

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 11:31pm

Pipe sizing for system

Hi all - what a cool forum so thanks in advance for the input.

I'm currently installing a small'ish sprinkler system at my house which is roughly 7,000 sqft. I recently purchased the DIY Rainbird system and it made me realize that out of a box systems are not that efficient nor will they work for my application.

I refer you the this photo of my design:

I originally thought that I had 1/2" galvanized from my meter to my home, however, after looking into it further, it is in fact 3/4" which I was happy to find out! There is a reduced 1/2" line that runs from the shut off to my backyard and for some reason, the previous homeowner reduced it. I'm going to remove that 1/2" line and upgrade back to what it originally was: 3/4"

Anyway, this is my proposed set up so all you sprinkler guru's feel free to critic it as I'm open to all options!

My plan is to run 3/4" SCH 40 (or other?) for all the purple lines in the diagram. I've already trenched the area for my previous set up with the Rainbird only to find out I need more valves b/c my water pressure is barely 50 psi. I plan to have 4 valve manifold (also Rainbird valves) with the 4th being an extra add-in down the road if I need it.

Your input would be appreciated so thanks again in advance! :D

maximus20895

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 2:20pm

What's your GPM and PSI?

Why not use 1" pvc? That seems to be a good place to start.