You are not logged in.

MichaelABQ

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 1:11am

Irritrol Total Control Stations Malfunctioning

I have an Irritrol Total Control 9 station outdoor unit. I am only using stations 1 - 5 plus the master valve / pump start function. The unit is 10+ years old. Everything was working correctly until recently.

First problem. When I run a single station manually in a timed operation and the time completes the display reads "OFF" but the station is still operating. When I measure the voltage at the terminal for the station it reads 24 VAC. If I move the function dial to any other position the station stops. The master valve / pump start function is working correctly. This is an intermittent problem and can happen on any station.

Second, related problem. When I run a program cycle manually a station will arbitrarily turn on (it is not in the programmed sequence). For example station 5 will be operating (per the display) and station 1 will turn on. When the program is complete (in this case station 5 is the last station in the program) and the display reads "OFF" station 1 remains on. When I measure the voltage at the terminal for station 1 it reads 24 VAC. If I move the function dial to any other position the station stops. The master valve / pump start function is working correctly. This is an intermittent problem and can happen on any program (I have all four programs, A - D, programmed).

Questions? Suggestions?

thanks!
Michael

mrfixit

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 4:19am

That controller is shot.
You could try to reboot the controller but it sounds shot to me.
Take out the back up battery and unplug it. If it's still acting up it's time to replace it.
Controllers

Rate this thread