You are not logged in.

austinrdennis

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 4:40pm

First Time DIY Garden Hose to In-Ground Sprinkler Solution Help

Hello all,

I've been mandated by my mother to build her a sprinkler system to cover all her grass and it has to use her garden hose taps. I've bought a timer system for each of her two 3/4 inch taps. Connected to one "zone" (valve on system) is a 75 foot garden hose that connects to a Y joint that transitions to 1/2 inch flex tubing going to 2 sprinklers. Now I've read the static pressure as 60 PSI and my hose does about 4 GPM per 3/4 valve. For the life of me, I can't figure out how wich head to put on those sprinklers.

Do I need to figure out the PSI when it's running? Do I even have all the info I need?

I really appreciate any wisdom you guys can offer, but I'm pretty committed to making this particular setup work if possible. Also I apologize if someone has asked this before, Just point me to that thread If you would be so kind.

Thanks in advance!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 5:18pm

You will work this out by trial and error quicker than by doing research.

If you ever want something more durable, that is not going to be a plumbing code violation, check back.

Good luck.

austinrdennis

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 3:29pm

You will work this out by trial and error quicker than by doing research.

If you ever want something more durable, that is not going to be a plumbing code violation, check back.

Good luck.

That's what I feared, thanks for the reply!