You are not logged in.

DaniGlendaleAZ

Unregistered

Monday, August 31st 2015, 2:43am

Is this a well in my yard? Or an abandoned Irrigation system?

Can anyone help me identify what this is? It looks like a small well? It is on the side of my home, near my sprinkler system valves. I live right down the street from homes that have irrigation. I am not sure if this has something to do with the irrigation in the area, or my sprinkler system. The home was built in 1978 and I have owned the home for 3 years. Occasionally, it is filled with water, as it is in this photo. Other times, it just seems to be damp and muddy.

Just curious what you all thought!? Thanks!

https://goo.gl/photos/jfvpJ8YoTBGuZ2uK7

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 31st 2015, 3:29am)

mrfixit

Monday, August 31st 2015, 3:32am

I fixed your link.

I'm not sure what that is. Could be a shut off valve in there.

It looks like someone decorated a valve box.

How deep is it? Can you see a valve in there if you pump the water out or can you reach down in there and feel a valve?

Someone else will chime in if they know what it is.

DaniGlendaleAZ

Unregistered

Monday, August 31st 2015, 3:41am

Thank you for fixing my link and responding! The last time I noticed there was not much water in the hole, I poured some bleach in (I noticed some mosquito larve swimming around in there) and stirred it up with a trowel. It seemed like the bottom was flat, no valves that I noticed sticking out. Why would someone go through the trouble of putting pavers around a valve?

DaniGlendaleAZ

Unregistered

Monday, August 31st 2015, 3:43am

It's probably 10-12 inches deep.

mrfixit

Monday, August 31st 2015, 4:00am

There might be a leaky valve in there buried under the dirt. Dig around with that hand trowel. Or if the decoration come out I'd dig the whole thing up.
Be careful of the wiring for the sprinkler valves. They might be running through there.

I honestly don't know what it is or why it's bricked in. Maybe hold off digging up the whole thing in case someone comes along and says they know exactly what it is and I'm off base. But still dig around in there with the trowel and see what you uncover.

mrfixit

Monday, August 31st 2015, 2:13pm

What's in square valve box to the right?

Rate this thread