You are not logged in.

adn232

Starting Member

Monday, August 31st 2015, 7:57am

Hunter Pro-C Controller shorts/loses power

Hello!

I have a Hunter Pro-C system installed, probably 8 years old or so. This past week, I noticed that my sprinkler system was not running at the time I set it at. So when I went into the basement to check the controller, I saw that there was no power on the display screen. So I unplugged and plugged the power back in, and did a manual run on the controller. After 3 zones, the sprinklers stopped again, I went back down to check the controller and there was a loss of power. I then did a manual run from zone 4 until the end and it was fine. Later in the week, when the sprinkler didn't run at the scheduled time I came back down and saw again that there was no power on the display screen. Then when I did a manual run, after a few minutes, the sprinklers would stop and the screen would lose power. This is now happening on every zone. It seems like something is shortening the circuit, because there are times when the screen would lose power, sprinklers stop, and within seconds the display would reappear with power. I am getting ERR codes on the screen when the controller powers back up, but each time has a different number.

Anyone have any suggestions? Time to change the controller, solenoid, or something that I should test? Want to see if it's something I can fix before calling a professional. Thanks for your time!

mrfixit

Monday, August 31st 2015, 12:54pm

Try this, disconnect the common wire/s from the controller. Now run through a program. Do you get any errors? If you still do then there's a problem with the controller.

Is there a wire hooked up to the pump/master valve terminal? If there is then maybe they're a problem with the master valve solenoid or wiring.

There might be bare wires touching somewhere causing intermittent problems.

Rate this thread