You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lcourter

Starting Member

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 4:29pm

Rain Bird ESP Modular Controller not working

Thank you guys for your help. I had two zone out and followed simple instructions to power down 110v, removed all modules, waited, put modules back in, powered up 110v, and it all worked.
I did replace the 9v battery just because it was several years old.

wgn1213

Starting Member

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 1:23pm

controller - troubleshoot

Also have a No Mod 1 message on station 5 and Station 6 but have other issues as well and wonder if anyone can help. Have tried rebooting - resetting several times without any success.
Stations 4 and 5 both run together as soon as I turn on power. They both run with the dial turned to "auto" or "off" or any other function. If I put dial on Station 1 then 1,4,5 all run. Same for Station 2 or Station 3. Station 6 never runs -------
The no Mod 1 message comes up on Stations 5 and 6.

I can run all stations one at a time manually. Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions. Thanks :?:

Donnie21PIHUPA

Unregistered

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 10:55am

RE: Rainbird zones 5,6,7

I just wanted to reply to this posting to add that I also have the same Rainbird controller and have seemed to run across this issue. The strange thing is I have 9 zones and yet the exact same zones have came up as No MOD 1. There must be some kind of defect where only zones 5,6, and 7 are affected and go out.

If the original poster happens to come back to read this, please list what you have done to correct the issue so myself, and others can go about doing the same being that it seems it may be an issue others may/will experience.

Thanks for the posting this.

djchapm

Unregistered

Monday, June 19th 2017, 12:57pm

No Mod 1 errors - solved!

Hi - just went through the same thing on my Rainbird ESP Modular. Zones 5/6/7 were all getting the no mod 1 error code. If you open the panel - there will be 'modules' - one has a lot of screws, this is mod 0 and controls zones 1-4. The next one is mod 1 and has 3 screws which is 5/6/7. And so on. Unlock your mod 1 with the switch, slide it down, and it will come out. You can swap it with Mod 2, close the panel and try manually starting zone 8/9/10. If you start getting the 'no mod 2' error, it means that the module itself is faulty. Go to your local rainbird dealer (you can find online under professionals -> where to buy), and get a replacement module.

Rate this thread