You are not logged in.

beedix

Unregistered

Monday, August 17th 2015, 11:22am

PRS30/PRS40 vs Accu-Sync?

I'm weighing my options for a particular zone. I know the little Hunter regulation valves (Accu-Sync) require a PSI differential of 15PSI to function. Do the PRS30/PRS40 regulated heads require any PSI differential?

I seem to recall when I started the project and had some low PSI problems (~20PSI) that the PRS30's still measured the same as the system ~20PSI....just like a non-regulated Pro Spray head. I'm thinking they don't require a specified differential.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 17th 2015, 2:40pm

The Accu-Sync is working with a diaphragm valve, and that's where a differential requirement comes in. The PRS heads are simple 'dumb' regulators.

beedix

Unregistered

Monday, August 17th 2015, 10:24pm

PRS vs Accu-Sync

The Accu-Sync is working with a diaphragm valve, and that's where a differential requirement comes in. The PRS heads are simple 'dumb' regulators.
What would you go with? The zone almost breaks even.....I could put an AccuSync 30PSI regulator on the zone valve or I could replace the head bodies with PRS30's and the price would be about the same and I could deal with the differential PSI. Replacing bodies is probably slightly more time consuming. What are your thoughts?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 5:18am

Bodies over the Accu-Sync, is going with the sure thing.

Rate this thread