You are not logged in.

stilinsm

Unregistered

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 8:50pm

valve for zone 3 running zone 1??

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Hope someone here can assist in this strange problem I have.
8 zone system.
when zone 1 is active, either via the programmer or manually at the valve, zone 1 runs.
when zone 3 is active, either via the programmer or manually at the valve, zone 1 runs.

both are Hunter PGV-100A valves and are are right next to each other in the valve box. Both valves are about 14 yrs old.

any ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 6:42am

Since the zone three valve causes a large drop in pressure at the supply at the zone one location, a complete guts replacement of the zone 1 valve might be in order, only this time use the flow-control version of the PGV for this, and subsequent replacements.

stilinsm

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 11:07am

Since the zone three valve causes a large drop in pressure at the supply at the zone one location, a complete guts replacement of the zone 1 valve might be in order, only this time use the flow-control version of the PGV for this, and subsequent replacements.
thanks! would the Hunter 33-2100 be the correct part, or should I just buy the complete valve and replace everything but the valve body?

mrfixit

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 5:15pm

RE: valve for zone 3 running zone 1??

when zone 1 is active, either via the programmer or manually at the valve, zone 1 runs.
when zone 3 is active, either via the programmer or manually at the valve, zone 1 runs.
any ideas?

Does zone 3 ever run?

stilinsm

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 5th 2015, 9:14pm

RE: RE: valve for zone 3 running zone 1??

any ideas?

Does zone 3 ever run?
ok, I think I figured it out. I had a guy repair zone 1 last year because tree roots choked it off. It looks like he tied zone one into zone 3 somehow?? time to start digging....

Rate this thread