You are not logged in.

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 4:17pm

Irritrol 2711APR -- Need troubleshooting advice.

Back in 2002 I designed (with much online help) and installed our irrigation system. All has worked fine except for a few valve problems. Usually I just replace them, but have read stuff online and it sounds like I should be able to fix them.

About a week ago I noticed that one valve was spewing water from the top of the anti-siphon valve. I pulled out all my old valves and tried cleaning and replacing parts with no success. I've swapped out every part, but nothing changes the situation. I have one new valve and I'm thinking of putting the innards in my old housing. If that doesn't work, I'm stuck with cut & paste (which I dread). With these symptoms (water from the anti-siphon) it seems it means the valve isn't opening correctly? Am I right? Yet none of the parts look worn. I'm desperate to understand and fix this. ;(

My lawn will thank you! Thanks in advance for your help.

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 5:56pm

"top of the valve" is not specific enough - a photo of the leak would help immensely

Tuesday, June 30th 2015, 10:07pm

I am the problem.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I found the source of the problem: dirty filter. Once I cleaned the Y filter ahead of the valve (at my husband's suggestion) everything was back to normal. Good lesson.

Rate this thread