You are not logged in.

xuamox

Starting Member

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 1:27pm

Nelson 6000 Heads need replacing

Hi,

The house that I bought has an underground sprinkler system that uses Nelson 6000 heads. The heads probably spray a 12'-15' radius.

One of my sprinkler heads has stopped working and is just spraying in a complete circle. Another head pops up, but will not go back down after it switches off.

My first question is, can I simply unscrew the head and replace it with a different brand of head? And if so, what brands are interchangeable with Nelson?

I noticed that Home Depot sells a Orbit head, but it only sprays 8 feet, so I don't think that will work.

Thanks for your help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 31st 2015, 2:11pm

Hunter PGP heads are the replacement, being that the Nelson heads are copies of the Hunters.

pacstud

Unregistered

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 11:05am

nelson replace

I am also looking to replace. I have 5500 and 6000 Nelsons (well the caps at least). I have two questions:

If I go Hunter (they seem highly recommended and economical) do I get regular PGP or Ultra?
How do I convert the nozzles? If I pull the Nelson, will I get the nozzle size from the plastic? I am supremely amateur and don't want to do math or get it wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 2:12pm

Get the PGP, since their nozzle numbers match the Nelsons

Rate this thread