You are not logged in.

jakethasnake919

Starting Member

Sunday, June 14th 2015, 7:49pm

Bought a home and found Rainbird 42SA+ in the back yard

Hi guys I am new to the forum and to irrigation systems. I just bought a home and when I was looking around the back yard, I found a rotor sprinkler head that reads Rainbird 42SA+ on the top and has a few adjustment screws. The previous home owners never mentioned an irrigation system and I have not been able to locate any controller inside or outside. The home was constructed in 2007 and the irrigation system could have been installed when sod was rolled out.

I have a brother that does turf management at a golf course and he said there should be a controller somewhere on the property, but he admits that he has no experience with residential systems. I have not found any other heads in the yard, but my brother says that they can get covered up by grass when not used and it may be hard to find them without turning the system on.

The only place I have not looked for the controller is in the crawl space. Do you guys think I have overlooked it somewhere? Am I looking for something that may not even exist on my property? What exactly would it look like? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 14th 2015, 8:29pm

try tracing the plumbing first - if you can't find any valves, you won't be able to open the system anyway

Rate this thread