You are not logged in.

missing

Friday, February 27th 2015, 1:48pm

Trying to identify this controller/valve?

Hello,

New to the group, so if I posted in the wrong area, sorry, please tell me where to post.

I am trying to identify what type of controller/valve that is installed.

Jar type, with solenoid on top with bleed screw beside solenoid. The color of the screw top is gray with the words 1919 on top of the screw top.

This controller has a rainbird 5000 on the sprinkler end.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "missing" (Feb 27th 2015, 3:39pm)

mrfixit

Friday, February 27th 2015, 10:22pm

It looks like an older version of the Irritrol Jartop slip x slip.
If so the parts are compatible with the newer version.
Jar Top

missing

Friday, February 27th 2015, 10:48pm

Thank you

Thank you, Mr. Fixit,

I removed the diaphragm and found no dirt or tears. Same issue after clean and re-assemble leaking water at Rainbird 5000.

Based on that would you replace the top half of the valve including solenoid, or is there more troubleshooting that can be performed?

mrfixit

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 1:18am

Sure, you can try that. It will probably fix you up. If not then install the new valve.

The soil looks like easy digging and it's not that deep. Installing a new valve would be simple. If I was you I'd do that.

missing

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 11:49am

Would this valve be compatible with the valve body installed presently

In my search for a local vendor, I ran across this valve. Irritrol 2400S 1" Globe Valve

Would it be compatible with the valve body installed presently?
The Irritrol 2400S 1" Globe Valve has a threaded valve body.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 12:37pm

2400S is the model number for the slip version. (see "Jar Top" link above) 2400T is the model number for the threaded version. In Texas, you are definitely going to be able to find slip versions of any popular valve that makes a slip version.

fargophil

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 3rd 2015, 8:28pm

I have what looks to be the same valve in my system. Two of the three zones work fine but one will not trun on. Changed solenoid but still no water at the heads. Next step?

Rate this thread