You are not logged in.

rookie20

Thursday, May 14th 2015, 4:10pm

Installing a new Pressure vaccum, breaker

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this form I am thanking people in advance for your help. I am installing 3/4" copper pipe from my water meter (located inside my house) to outside of my house. I plan on running the copper pipe right to my new pressure breaker. When reading the instructions on the FEBCO PVB they recommend removing it prior to the arrival of winter. Is it recommended to have unions on the copper line to the PVB? On the out let side on am planning on using PVC, is there a pvc fitting that will allow me to screw into the PVB outlet side and increase line size from 3/4" to 1". I would the like to install a SCH 80 union to allow me to remove the PVB. I also read that they do not recommend blowing compressed air through the PVB, what addition fittings would you recommend that I install on the downstream side of the PVB to facilitate hooking up an air compressor. I am presently buying all my supplies from sprinkler warehouse so if you could help me with the part numbers that would be great
Thank you
Glenn

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 15th 2015, 8:07am

A small compressor can be used to blow air through a PVB. The instructions telling you not to blow air through a PVB are written with the knowledge that a jackhammer compressor can output air that is hotter than boiling water.