You are not logged in.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 3:55pm

I respect both sides of this argument.
If I am the only one in the city practicing safe water protection, what is the point. This is a system fail.
For good information and pictures of why backflow devices fail.www.backflowinformation.com

I appreciate that you already have done substantial research.

The frustrating part for me is that in one region irrigation backflow can be a low hazard device (double check below grade).
In other regions it must be a high hazard device (PVB or RP).

I am happy to be involved in the water quality field. I began my adventure as a Sprinkler Contractor.
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hi.todd" (Jul 5th 2014, 4:02pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 8:59am

The choice of contractors installing toxic-rated backflow protection is the PVB, located at a height that is at least a foot above anything downstream of it. It would be worth the expense to install, because even a humble single-family home can become the target of a "backflow event", and a PVB at the correct elevation is trustworthy protection. It works on gravity, and gravity is generally considered to be in good working order at all times. I like the Wilkins 720, for its durable construction.

Saturday, August 2nd 2014, 4:07pm

Just an FYI to the people that run this site... I only just now got a notification that someone replied to this thread (I did NOT get a notification back in early July when they apparently did reply to the thread). The email headers suggest it was just sent now.

Rate this thread