You are not logged in.

tlflorek

Monday, May 5th 2003, 4:17pm

Main Line Questions

I have a 3/4" feed from the street. I am using ASV valves clustered together. Is there any reason to feed the manifold with larger than the street size?

Terry
Terry

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, May 5th 2003, 5:44pm

Yes, pending on your pressure and gallons per minute, I would at least go up one pipe size. Typically if you have a 3/4" main, you should jump up to a 1" line for your system, this way you can use less heads, leading to less valves, and so on.

Thank you,
Alex

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 10:56am

I think it would be fine to keep the 3/4 pipe out to the manifold as long as the manifold is close to the point you are tapping into your city water. If it is not to late then I also would suggest going to 1".

Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 4:19pm

What are you saying? 3/4" or 1"?

bmorris

Thursday, June 19th 2003, 6:06am

I have 1" into basement reducing to 5/8" in and out of meter. From there it reduces to 1/2" copper. I am going to change 1/2" to 3/4" to accomodate sprinkler system but am concerned that the 5/8" going through meter will restict flow. I have 60 PSI and 6gpm at bib on 1/2" copper. I'm assuming that by changing to 3/4" that GPM will increase.

Should I be concerned about 5/8" Meter sizing?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 22nd 2003, 11:23am

FOr your first question i would make your manifold 1" and for you second one (about 5/8) i answered on the other post

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread