You are not logged in.

worktruck

Starting Member

Monday, January 27th 2003, 12:42pm

low-maintenance rotor heads

I'm watering an area about 20ft by 40ft. I understand that for this size area I should be considering rotor heads. My small previous experience with rotor heads (toro multi-stream) has left me a little wary (they seemed to plug up easily).

What brand/model sprinklers have you used that seem to hold up well. I'm especially interested in heads that don't require much maintenance. A low-rate head would be a bonus, since the soil here takes it's sweet time soaking up the h2o

Thanks.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 28th 2003, 3:26am

My personal suggestion would be a Rainbird 5000 SAM rotor. The excellent seal on that rotor keeps dirt and debris out of the casing to prevent it from getting caught and plugged. If your soil takes a while to absorb water, I would suggest putting a smaller nozzle on and running that zone for a longer period of time.

Another rotor I would suggest it the Hunter I-20 or PGP. Both have good seals, and I think that if you would put a smaller nozzle on and ran it for a longer amount of time, all of these rotors would do you good.

Hope this helps

nestors

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 26th 2003, 11:43am

You can Install a I-20 Hunter with a Backflow and a shut off on top of head ,also you reduce the flow with the Key.

Nestor's....

www.NestorsLandscape.com

www.nightlighting.net

vincent nestor
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 2:27pm

It depends on your pressure, I would use the following rotors.

Higher Pressure (I-20 (hunter) Plastic or Stainless Steel))
High pressure - Hunter PGP
Lower Pressure - Rainbird T=BIrd

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread