You are not logged in.

griddeath

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 3:23pm

Rainbird 5000 +

I just purchased a case of these from Sprinkler warehouse- have not received but just a few questions. I am currently using toro 600's and am not too pleased with them. They are a pain to adjust radius on the PC's, and usually have trouble on spring restart with 4 or 5 heads every year, they are 2.5 GPM. I am looking to get more coverage is the Rainbird 5000+ better? Do the ones listed here throw mre GPM's as the specs are not listed. I was hoping to get a 4 GPM 5000+ rotor. Also do you suggest a pump to pick up pressure if the new heads dont work, I am currently using town water and the pressure is ok. The system has 4 heads a zone with I believe is 3/4 or 1" pipe (have to check)

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 4:24pm

YES!!! They are awesome rotors, so good I wrote a review on them. You can go to www.rainbird.com to view specs of the rotor. I cannot suggest a pump, due that I am not farmiliar with them and never had to install one with a system. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Thanks!
Alex

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 4:26pm

And...

Here is the review: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=222

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 8:54am

The Rainbird 5000's are very good rotors. The coverage is awesome (rainbird Rain Curtin Nozzles) I use the Rainbird T-Bird which has very similar nozzles, or the Hunter PGP, i have yet to actually try the Rainbird 5000 but from the experience i have had seeing them operate, they are very good!

Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread