You are not logged in.

tlflorek

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 8:12am

Soaker Hoses

I have some narrow flower beds that I water with the sponge type soaker hoses. I am adding these areas to my automatic system. Are there any major issues with using these types of hoses in an automatic system? Generally the hose has a washer with a 1/8" or so hole in it, probably to act as a pressure regulator. Should I remove the washer and regulate with a pressure regulator?

Terry
Terry

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 4:29pm

Yes, connect a pressure regulator. Also, are you talking about the hose that you connect to a regular garden hose, or the hose specifically made for automatic drip irrigation?

Alex

tlflorek

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 7:36am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Yes, connect a pressure regulator. Also, are you talking about the hose that you connect to a regular garden hose, or the hose specifically made for automatic drip irrigation?
Alex
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I am using the soaker hoses made to connect to a garden hose. They seem to work good for my area which is 100' x 3'. I run 2 hoses off of a Y-connector. These are the sponge material rather than the pvc hoses with embedded drippers. I roll them up for the winter and get several years of use from them.

Terry
Terry

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 4:18pm

They should work, just remember to get that pressure regulator on them.

Alex

Rate this thread