You are not logged in.

howserss

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 5:05pm

Setting Pressure tank on Jet Pump

If my output line pressure guage reads 0 PSI and it is right after the pressure tank can I set the tank to its correct pressure? I turned the system off and manually opened a valve to relieve the pressure. I just wanted to make sure the pressure is set correctly after my irrigation system was installed. Plus I changed the pressure switch to 35-55 so it would not cycle on a zone that was a little higher pressure. I guess if the cut in PSI is 35 now does that mean the empty tank PSI should be about 32-33 PSI.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 7:32pm

If your gauge reads zero when you know there is pressure, you get a new gauge.

howserss

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 8:59pm

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say. When I check the pressure at the shrader valve of the air tank I just want to make sure it is drained of all water first. The way I do this is to make sure the guage in my 1 inch out pipe says 0. I drained all the water out of the system from one of the valves by manually removing the threaded screw from the top.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 9:12pm

You make sure a tank is drained of all water by draining it of all water and not by anything else. If the pressure tank "control tee" doesn't have a drain valve on it, consider installing one.

Rate this thread