You are not logged in.

grey

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 12:15am

Adjusting spray nozzle edge on a shrub riser. How?

Is there a part like swivel shrub adapter or something to adjust spray nozzle on a shrub stick? Or how do you guys adjust these? I screwed in stick, shrub adapter and then nozzle almost never aligns correctly as far as left or right edge without under tightening it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "grey" (Sep 4th 2011, 12:24am)

mike1059

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 5:25pm

It's all a matter of adjusting the tightness of the riser, adaptor and nozzel. If you still can't get both edges to line-up you may need to go to a wider pattern nozzel and deal with a little over spray.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 5:56pm

just about now you might be wishing you had used a marlex elbow under each riser

grey

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 7:14pm

I used a TEE with threaded connection at each riser location. Why would nobody make swivel adapter?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 10:05pm

I used a TEE with threaded connection at each riser location. Why would nobody make swivel adapter?
Useless. Absolutely useless. Pros use marlex elbows for a reason, that reason being that they don't have to fuss with what's bothering you.

grey

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 10:54pm

Pros use marlex elbows for a reason

Wet_Boots, enlighten me, please.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 5th 2011, 10:16am

Marlex is a high-density polyethylene, and it makes for threaded street elbows that seal leak-free without needing teflon tape or pipe dope. If your risers were threaded into a marlex elbow you could align them with the greatest of ease.

grey

Advanced Member

Monday, September 5th 2011, 10:55am

so basically I would tread risers somewhere half way on marlex elbow?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 5th 2011, 2:58pm

Buy some and try for yourself. If nothing else, having swing joints under each riser will prevent breakage.

Rate this thread