You are not logged in.


Sunday, August 21st 2011, 8:54pm

Repairing a leak with compression coupling. Coupling leaking.

I am repairing some buried sprinkler pipes and was told to use a compression coupling. After putting on the coupling and tightening, it starts leaking after turning on the water.

Is there another method of repairing a buried pipe other then a compression coupling? Is there a way to use glue?


Active Member

Posts: 25

Location: portland or.


Sunday, August 21st 2011, 11:34pm

repair coupling

If you go to home depot, Lowe's or any sprinkler supply house and get a slide repair coupling commonly called a slip-fix that will do the job. A slip-fix and a coupler will allow you to work in the area you already have dug-up without digging up enough pipe to flex in new pipe and couplers. I personally think the slip-fix is one of the best things ever made.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Posts: 371

Location: Central Minnesota


Monday, August 22nd 2011, 5:20pm

Otherwise known as a Flow-Span. Are you repairing PVC or Poly?


Poly-----Couplers, Pipe, and clamps

Should mention that Flow-span's are tricky to use if the pipe being fixed is curving and not in a straight line.

Another method is to use 2, 45 degree elbows if the pipes don't line up exactly even or straight.

Rate this thread