You are not logged in.

mrfixit

Monday, June 20th 2011, 10:30pm

A first for me.

I get a call from a guy. He says, I don't think my glue's going to hold. That's all the info I needed. So I get over there. I see a 311 valve. This valve normally has a bleeder screw with a pin attached to it on top of the flow control handle. The screw and pin came out and he couldn't find it, soooo, he took a big screw and screwed it in a couple of threads. Then he attached about 6 big blue rubber bands to push down on the screw. Then he covered the whole mess in rubber cement thinking that would hold the rubber bands in place. I dont know how but it wasn't leaking. Anyway, I took the mess apart, looked on the ground for the part. I couldn't find it but, laying there was the old valve someone had replaced. So I just took the pin out of it. I wish I'd taken a picture.

Some people are really helpless. I guess I'd be out of a job if they weren't.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 22nd 2011, 1:11pm)

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 7:46am

LOL!

That's Awesome!!
Yes take pictures :)

I always catch my self nowadays by asking the homeowner if they 'did this' . If they did I'll explain to them in a nice chuckle what they did wrong. Before I use to be like ' This is the worst plumbing I've ever seen!!!'

Rate this thread