You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pillboy

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 1:05pm

My house burned down.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 14th 2011, 2:26pm

Well, stuff happens

Friday, September 2nd 2016, 7:09pm

Rain Bird rechargeable 9v back-up battery

I replaced the 9v battery in my rain bird controller with a regular coppertop 9v battery in October 2012. I didn't have my glasses handy when I installed the battery so I wasn't up on having to replace it with a super special rain bird replacement. It has worked up until now when, possibly due to a power interruption the clock got all wonky. I just read an old thread regarding the nonsensical 9v micro warning label placed over the battery and how people had had a problem finding the right voltage battery. My solution is to replace the current coppertop battery with another one. If this finally fries the controller, I'll trash it and replace it with an Orbit that is much easier to program and has a more sensible easy to find replacement backup battery. Basically Rain Bird sucks because they're overpriced hard to use and set. I would never buy one, but this one came with the house. When it goes it will go in the trash.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 3rd 2016, 9:12am

Try the 9-volt NiCD (nickel-cadmium) battery - we are not hearing about controller failures with people reloading the controller with a modern-day NiCD replacement

Rate this thread