You are not logged in.

Piker

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:06am

Converting Hunter I20 sprinkler to Hunter Spray head

How do I convert a Hunter I20 sprinkler (3/4" inlet) to one of the Hunter spray heads (1/2" inlet)?

seansy59

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 2:43pm

I am not a proffessional, BUT! To convert from 3/4 , to 1/2" , you can replace the riser, and use an adapter. They sell risers that screw into the 3/4" to 1/2". Pictured below. You cut them to length with cutters. :)

I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:30pm

Sean...

PLEASE

DON'T EVER SUGGEST THAT CUT OFF RISER EVER AGAIN TO ANYONE..

They are a horrible product, they brake so often...

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:31pm

Piker

Why do you need to convert it over?

It's best to keep a rotor zone with a rotor zone and sprays with sprays...

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:34pm

To convert from a 3/4 threaded male to 1/2 , the proper way would be a 3/4 Thread x Thread Coupler, 3/4 x 1/2 Thread x Thread bushing, and a 1/2 closed threaded nipple.

However I generally go back to the source and reduce down from there instead of all of those fittings at the sprinkler head.

Piker

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 12:56am

Mitchgo,

My watering needs in a particular spot have changed due to a new paver patio/walkway, so I'm looking to water two new flower beds along side the walkway. I could also change to a different nozzle on the I20 if the conversion is too complicated.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 1:27am

Care to take a picture and post so I could throw out some suggestions to help out?

Rate this thread