You are not logged in.

Fidalgorob

Unregistered

Saturday, December 4th 2010, 12:19pm

RD-600 problem

I have a Model RD-600 sprinkler controller that has stopped working. There is no display. The unit has power, the terminations are clean, and I replaced the backup 9v battery. I don't see a fuse on the control board despite what the manual shows (I just downloaded it from the website).

Any idea what the problem could be? This unit was working fine a couple of months ago. I'd turned it off since it was no longer necessary to water my lawn. Now I'd like to get some water back on the grass but am not having any luck.

mrfixit

Saturday, December 4th 2010, 1:48pm

Some RD's have a fuse and some don't. If there was a fuse you'd see it. I only have one thing for you to try. Take the battery out. Unplug for 10 minutes. If you still have no display after replacing the battery the controller is shot.

I suppose it's possible the battery terminal is broke off and the transformer is bad. You said the controller has power though. Maybe the transformer and the battery are dead. Press the battery against your tongue. That's what I do.

Ok I lied, one more thing. Make sure the faceplate is plugged in securly to the circuit board.

Here's some replacement controllers.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Rain-Dial-Remote-Ready-Series-Controller-Timer-s/94.htm