You are not logged in.

shakeum

Starting Member

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 8:50pm

Hunter Pro C - sprinkler comes on and off every few seconds

I have an issue with Hunter Sprinkler system with Pro-C controller and 10 zone. The same issue occurs with each of the zone one after another (7 min time per zone).

1. System turns on, sprinklers for Zone 1 pop up and water for a few seconds
2. The Sprinklers retract and watering stops for couple of seconds
3. Then the sprinklers pop up and water for few seconds then retract for a few seconds
4. This occurs repeatedly until 7 min are up then same thing occurs to next zone and next until all 10 zones are done.

Any idea what could this be? Would reset of the Pro-C controller help? The rain sensor switch is in bypass since I dont have the sensor.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, September 20th 2010, 7:24am

I have an idea where to start.
Do you have a master valve? If you don't know? You could look at the terminal on the controller and see if you have a wire connected to MV near the common. If you have a master valve it sounds like a solenoid problem on the master valve that is shorting out. That is all I got for now.
Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Bird3345

Unregistered

Friday, September 24th 2010, 1:53pm

Take the faceplate(the deal with the dial) back to a distribtor and let them know its part of the Hunter Pro-C recall they should give a replacement for free. It is a problem that they had this past year.

mrfixit

Friday, September 24th 2010, 3:41pm

Quoted

by Bird3345 (Guest)

Take the faceplate(the deal with the dial) back to a distribtor and let them know its part of the Hunter Pro-C recall they should give a replacement for free. It is a problem that they had this past year.

Could you tell us more about this recall? What's the date code on the faceplates? I haven't heard of any recall. I called the supply house and they haven't heard of it either. I couldn't find a link telling about any recall. Do you have a link?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, September 24th 2010, 6:42pm

I am a very active repair company in Houston, and I also have not heard of any recall with this problem.

Please, give us more information.

?( ?( ?(
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 7:21am

There was a Pro-C issue earlier this year, but I don't think it led to the intermittent operation described here.

Rate this thread