You are not logged in.


Starting Member

Posts: 1

Location: Payson, AZ


Saturday, July 24th 2010, 2:30pm

Less than 1/2 inch, more than 1/4 inch?

My house in Payson, AZ, is known as the Nightmare on Alpine Heights, because everything seems non-standard. Our driveway lights are hard-wired 110 when everyone else seems to have 9-volt. My 2 110 phases terminate in the craziest places...and my drip system uses a poly tubing that is less than 1/2", but more than 1/4". Looks to be about .35 OD. Has anyone heard of this? The house was built in the early 90s. No one up here carries this tubing, and so its a mother to try to repair. I have several breaches and can't even find joiner tubes with this diameter. I did find 1 universal joiner, with a conical barb that will fit in many sizes, but can't find any more. Any help tracking down this tubing, or more joiners, appreciated. ?(


Supreme Member


Saturday, July 24th 2010, 9:13pm

If possible, I'd try replacing ALL the drip tubing... at some point, it has to connect back to something that IS a standard size. Go back to that point and replace all the non-standard stuff from their.


New Member

Posts: 2

Location: London, ON, Canada


Thursday, September 16th 2010, 3:30am

Sorry, I know this thread is old but just for future readers who might be looking for an answer here...

I believe i might have the same tubing installed in the house I just bought as well. I found out it was 3/8" riser tubing I think also called "Swing pipe". A brass 1/2" barbed fitting fits this perfectly, maybe you can adapt it from there.


Advanced Member

Posts: 67

Location: South Jersey


Friday, September 17th 2010, 12:06pm

Are you sure it isn't funny pipe?

Rate this thread