You are not logged in.




Saturday, August 7th 2010, 12:51pm

Broken Risers in Pipe

I was hoping someone can suggest a tool or some way to remove a broken riser that's still threaded into my pipe. I have one of those modular risers that you can break off at custom lengths. I accidentally broke off the riser just above the end of the pipe threading. The riser is nearly flush with the pipe so I can't grip it to unscrew it out of the pipe. Any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.


Supreme Member

Posts: 482

Location: Houston, Texas


Saturday, August 7th 2010, 2:23pm

There is a specific tool for this.
I think it is called a nipple extractor. It usually has a red handle and looks like a T with the top being red and the lower part has barbs on the bottom of it.

Any irrigation supply house should have it.

Good Luck

:thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500



Posts: 2,297

Location: USA


Saturday, August 7th 2010, 5:15pm

A lot of times the tools they sell don't work well on a marlex nipple. I do have a tool that works almost everytime even if it's screwed into a galvanized fitting and broke off but you wont be able to buy one. So what you can do is use a tiny screwdriver and a hammer. The marlex is soft and will come out fairly easily. Just be careful of the threads on the fitting.

Rate this thread