You are not logged in.

cleon

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 5:01pm

Rainbird 1800 Ratchet Mechanism

Does anyone know when this feature became available on the 1800 (to turn the spray head direction without moving the body of the 1800)? I have been replacing some 1800 and it seems like many of mine don't ratchet, and when I pull the cap off, I can't insert a new 1800 cap and internals...have to replace the body as well. Just curious.

Thanks!

newbie bob

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 5:43pm

RE: Rainbird 1800 Ratchet Mechanism

Along those same lines, I have an old sprinkler system with mostly 1800s that look like they have sunk anywhere from 2-3" below the soil level line. I'm assuming I should raise them to at least soil level so they can clear the grass, and if they are older, and am digging them up anyway, should I go ahead and replace them completely since they look to be about 15+ years old?

I.e., how long do those wiper seals last before blowing out? Also, any suggestions on how often I should pull off the nozzles to clean them and the filters? I'm curious as to the design life of each component (body, wiper seal, nozzle).

Lastly, to raise these units, I was going to use those cut-to-size risers, but since I don't know the sprinkler main line layout, every now and then I'll run across an 'L' riser an the end of the line, which means I can't use the riser extractor tool to get it out...but there is no way for me to know that unless I dig the whole thing out. So...I was wondering if there was any issue with just using a female to female connector to lengthen the existing riser, to avoid having to figure out if I am at the end of a line, or mid-line? I hope that makes sense. Not the best at the lingo here. Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers

mrfixit

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 7:31pm

Water pressure problems=

Cleon, read the last post on that page.

P.S. Bob, next time see if you can start a new post of your own instead of asking your question on top of someone elses. Thanks....

cleon

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:31pm

thanks!

Water pressure problems=

Cleon, read the last post on that page.

P.S. Bob, next time see if you can start a new post of your own instead of asking your question on top of someone elses. Thanks....
roger that. thanks for the help. great site and glad i found it.

newbie bob

Unregistered

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 8:43pm

sorry about that - will repost separately

Rate this thread