You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.




Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 2:38pm

How to replace "anti-syphon valve with flow control"

As a preface: I read through a few posts in this section, many of which said they had "no clue," although from what I can tell I am LEAGUES behind them, so I really apologize for being so ignorant, but I hope you can still help.

While I was mowing the jungle (also known as the backyard of the house I rent) I apparently decided it would be a good idea to run over what (after an hour and a half of research) is called the "anti-syphon valve with flow control." After doing this phenominal act water went shooting up into the sky FROM this part, and also from a nearby broken sprinkler valve at an alarming rate. After 25 minutes I figured out how to turn off the water (like I said, no clue), but after almost 2 hours of research I simply haven't found any information about how to replace the part that is broken.

I have found several SIMILAR things, and I already know how to replace a sprinkler head (big deal to me, lol), but I just can't find the RIGHT information or instructions about fixing this problem! I am nearly certain I will have to replace the entire thing, but one of the big things that's puzzling me is the shape of the piece. Unlike a sprinkler head it has two different PVC-looking pipes going into it, so I don't honestly even know how to unscrew/unattatch it!

I believe that this is what it looked like BEFORE I mangled it.

It looks very similar to that now, but it is missing the Solenoid valve (I belive that's what it's called, it's the black thing where wires should be), and it is also missing the crank-valve thing at the top. And yes, these are completely gone/broken with no chance for repair :(

Like I said, I've looked EVERYWHERE for an answer and I just can't find one. I don't think I can salvage it, so I assume it needs to be replaced, but like I was saying, I'm honestly not even sure how to remove it from the pipes it's connected to!

Thank you in advance.

I'll place some pictures here so you can see what it looks like in my back yard.



Posts: 2,342

Location: USA


Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 5:43pm

Easy pickings. Just buy another valve and take out those silver color screws. Swap out the old parts for new. Pay attention where everything goes. Don't be afraid. Only a couple of parts inside. No need to replace the whole thing. Don't over tighten the screws. Just snug is fine. Then just hook up the wires. Doesn't matter which wire goes where as long as you have the same two wires that came off. Here's a compatible valve. Your valve is a 3/4". Thanks for the pictures. They helped a lot.




Thursday, May 20th 2010, 11:07am


I just wanted to say thank you! I fixed it, and I appreciate the help you gave! Saved me a lot of worry and work! :D

Rate this thread