You are not logged in.


New Member


Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 7:31pm

Too much pressure

My sprinkler system has too much pressure. I've been told to install a "pressure reducer". Is that the same as a pressure regulator?

Thanks in advance.



Posts: 2,316

Location: USA


Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 10:53pm

Pressure reducer

Yes and no. Pressure regulators are sometimes called pressure reducers. If you want to regulate the pressure to your entire sprinkler system you would use a pressure regulator. If you want to reduce the pressure to an individual line such as for drip, then you would use a pressure reducer. My interpertation of a pressure reducer is a set amount of water pressure such as 30 lbs. A pressure regulator you can dial in the amount of pressure you want.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread