You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5598 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 7 posts

Friday, September 26th 2003, 10:13am

by Rays Sprinklers

As stated it might be possible that the threads are differnt, but on the down stream part, a combination of elbows are available. I would buy the irritrol valve online at sprinkler warehouse, dont DONT use the immitations at the hardware store, they dont last. once you get your valve you can order the elbows needed here, or you can get thye elbows locally. If you know what you might need, (probably a few 90's and 45's) then you can order it online at sprinkler warehouse. That would be your best bet!

Friday, September 26th 2003, 5:09am

by SprinklerGuy

unfortunately, you may or may not find any that match up exactly in spacing between inlet and outlet. It may be necessary to replumb the downstream side of the valve...don't let that discourage you.

Buy either a Hunter PGV-ASV valve or an Irritrol R-711 type valve....I believe home depot has the knock off version of the 711....probably called Lawn Genie and green instead of Grey. If you can go to a commercial supply house, do that instead. Or purchase right here from Spr.Warehouse....don't know your urgency.

when you replace the anti siphon valve someone on here can help you, I'm sure. I'll be glad to help...just need more specifics as to where valves are located in relation to other valves etc.

Thursday, September 25th 2003, 11:51pm

by praspn

The nelson valves that are in sprinkler warehouse are not
the same model as I have and they look different in shape too.
I haven't seen the irritrol valve in local chain stores
like HD, OSH, lowes but I will check-out other dealers.
But how do I figure out if they match to my current setup -
like the distance between inlet & outlet pipes,
threaded or slip type ?

Thursday, September 25th 2003, 11:29am

by Rays Sprinklers

Nelson valves are available on sprinkler dont liek them at all....i particually favor the irritrol valves....if you are going to replace (which is probably cheaper than buying parts...i would purchase a irritrol anti-siphon valve.

Wednesday, September 24th 2003, 2:55pm


Shop for Nelson valves here:

Wednesday, September 24th 2003, 1:07pm

by praspn

I realized that someone might suggest replacing
the entire valve rather than parts. Again, since
I do not see Nelson valves in the local stores,
how would I decide what(brand) to reaplace it with ?

Wednesday, September 24th 2003, 12:55pm

by praspn

parts for nelson anti-siphon valve

I have a Nelson 7784 anti-siphon 1 inch sprinkler valve that gets stuck in open position. I guess, I need to clean the diaphragm.
However, its solenoid is so rusted and if I touch anywhere near
it, it is ready to break into pieces. So I need to replace it.
But I don't find Nelson products in the local store.
Can I replace its parts with some other vendors' such as
rainbird, orbit etc. which is easily available ? If so,
what should I look for to make sure that I am getting the exactly
matching parts ? Thanks.