You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5180 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 8 posts

Tuesday, April 12th 2005, 5:39pm

by Wet_Boots

<b>434-007</b> is the 3/4 inch riser extender part number. If you don't find any in stock or on the net, you can order a carton of 50 from a plumbing supply.

Monday, April 11th 2005, 10:51am

by HooKooDooKu

Try looking in the PVC Schedule 40 fittings at your local Lowe's. I know I've seen a riser there (male thread on one side, female on the other). The only thing I'm not sure is the size (i.e. did I see it in both 3/4 and 1/2 or have I only seen it in 1/2"

Monday, April 11th 2005, 10:02am

by dzuroff

I have been looking everywhere for this 3/4" riser extender and I keep hitting dead ends. The one I have in mind is similar to this link: but in a 3/4". If this is not available can someone please direct me to where I could find a 3/4" riser extender? Thanks for all your help. If I can't find what I am looking for I may go the route of using funny pipe.

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:42am

by nestors

add flex pipe and you can pull rotor head up as you need to , just add enough pipe.

Tuesday, April 5th 2005, 9:37am

by RidgeRun05

Yes, they do make a riser extender in 3/4"

Monday, April 4th 2005, 7:37pm

by dzuroff

That is exactly what I need however is it available in 3/4"? The only riser extender I have found is 1/2" and I believe I will need 3/4"

Monday, April 4th 2005, 3:22pm

by Wet_Boots

Easiest is to add a 'riser extender' fitting to each head you want to raise. They'll give you about a 3/4 inch rise. Male reducing insert elbows for poly pipe are uncommon. On an older system, you're looking at a pipe nipple in a female reducing insert elbow.

Friday, April 1st 2005, 6:25pm

by dzuroff

Riser Installation

I have an older system and the turf has built up over the years so I want to install risers to raise up the rotor heads about .5 to 1 inch. Each rotor is connected to what appears to be a male reducing elbow. It seems like everywhere I look I only see female reducing elbows. Is it possible that the elbows I have could be female reducing elbows with a short riser already threaded in place? Or is there such a thing as a male reducing elbow? Would it be easier for me to simply replace each elbow with a new female reducing elbow?