You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5464 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 7 posts

Monday, May 3rd 2004, 6:33am

by blackbox

bobw, Thanks for the info. The line was put in about 12 years ago when the house was build. I am not sure if it is polyB. The identification was illegible on the pipe. I am going to check with a plumber just to be safe.

Sunday, May 2nd 2004, 12:31pm

by bobw

Be careful. Around here grey plastic is Poly B piping and it is not manufactured anymore, nor is it approved for new use. (has to do with leakage issues and subsequent bankruptcy of the manufacturers due to liability issues). The only fittings we can buy for them are polyB/pex couplers to allow you to cut into the line and link Pex piping in. Regardless, if it is polyB, it shouldn't realy be used in an underground use anyway.....

Sunday, May 2nd 2004, 9:49am

by blackbox

No, it's does not go to or come from a meter. It comes off the city shut-off and it is underground.

Friday, April 30th 2004, 6:58am

by aquamatic

use slip fitting with double stainless steel clamps. Does this main go into a meter??

Friday, April 30th 2004, 6:11am

by blackbox

aquamatic, what would you recommend? The supply line is plastic (flexible pvc I guess).

Friday, April 30th 2004, 5:16am

by aquamatic

I am not to thrilled about compression fitting- especially on a main that has constant pressure

Thursday, April 29th 2004, 2:33pm

by blackbox

Tapping Into The Supply Line (Plastic)

I read pretty well most of the articles in the forum but can't found the answer I am lookin for.
The supply line is 3/4 inch grey plastic (PVC?,is flexible)under ground. What should I use to tap into the line? I was thinking using compression TEE and 3/4 inch sch 40 PVC to shut-off valve to double check back flow preventer then switch to 1 inch PVC going to manifold. The distance from the supply line to the back flow preventer is about 2 feet.
Thanks for help!