You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 5609 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 10:17am

by DIYer

The hose bib between the house and the Febco is to be used for winerizing the PVB.

There should be a seperate hose bib fitting "after" the Febco PVB for blowing out your system. If you dont have one, you should install one or blow out the system from the valve box (depends on valves).

If you go to for details.

Saturday, October 25th 2003, 10:46am

by Rays Sprinklers


Wednesday, October 15th 2003, 3:52am


This is what I do.

Go to a tire shop, oil change place and get a valve stem with the bolt and the seal on it and everything. Drill a hole in a PVC cap just big enough to stick the valve stem through it and seal it with the bolt that is on it...Your going to need a hose thread to pipe thread adapter, most places have those. Then all you do is thread the cap on the spigot in the basement, open the valve, open the control valve, turn the air on and away you go!

Tuesday, October 14th 2003, 11:00am

by danlamb

I usually hire a pro to come do it, but I can't afford it this year. I only used the sprinkler system twice this year before I had to stop - wish I hadn't used it at all now.

I've got my own air compressor (plenty big to do the job right), but I can't seem to find an adapter anywhere that will let me hook up to that garden hose spigot between the house and the PVB. Anyone know what that adapter is called and where to get one?

Thanks for the help!

Monday, October 13th 2003, 4:08pm


What you connect to is that hose spigot. But what I recommend, is that your best bet would to have a professional come blow it out for you.

Monday, October 13th 2003, 9:23am

by danlamb

Help Winterizing Febco 765

****o All,

I have a Febco 765 PVB installed and need help winterizing it. I can't seem to find anything that will tell me where to hook up my air compressor. There is a hose spigot between the house and the PVB, but nothing after the PVB. Do I hook up to the hose spigot, or am I supposed to hook up to one of the test cocks? What is the adpter called that I need to hook up my air compressor?

Dan Lamb