You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 1859 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 4 posts

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 10:00pm

by Wet_Boots

they aren't too expensive - here's a part kit including the poppet

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 7:37pm

by Duxa (Guest)

Buy replacement poppets for the vacuum breakers
What does a poppet do? And what does it look like? Do they have them at Lowes or Home Depot? How much should I expect to pay for one?

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 7:32pm

by Wet_Boots

Buy replacement poppets for the vacuum breakers

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 12:53pm

by Duxa (Guest)

Manifold Dust Cap leaks when zones run?

Hello everyone,

I have just purchased a house and am trying to do some maintenance on the sprinkler system. Prior to this I have no experience with sprinklers. Ive been researching and reading up on things, everything makes sense and I am fixing issues one at a time.

I have 4 zones, when I run the system 2 of the zone's dust caps (i think thats what the yare called)... its this piece here -->

except the two that leak are thinner and made out of brass (or some other type of metal)... they look like they have been installed decades ago possibly when the house was build (1980).

They look kind of like this... except I am not sure if this is a picture of the same thing?

There is no leaking when zones are off (since water gets stopped before it gets to that part).

So what can I do? What are my options? And what is the point of these caps?

Does anyone know what brass ones I am talking about? Am I going to have to replace the whole manifold (is that what that portion is called?)

I can take detailed pictures of my actual system later today if needed.

Thanks for any help guys!