You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2391 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 10 posts

Monday, October 1st 2012, 2:58am

by mrfixit

Toro Flo Pro.

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 9:16pm

by Wet_Boots

You can get some silicone grease at a home center, and keep the bleed screws from seizing up. Also, you could get some stainless steel "push nuts" to take the place of the lost plastic solenoid keepers.

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 6:02pm

by brycenesbitt

Opening the bleed screw more resulted in the valve turning on. Thanks!

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 9:39pm

by mrfixit

Good I'm glad you agree. Your experience with the Orbit valve adapter is limited to pictures online and a couple of posts.
I've seen hundreds of them in service and they work just as well as the Lawn Genie if not better.

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 1:48pm

by mrfixit

Do you have a lot of experience with the Orbit valve adapter Boots?

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 4:14am

by mrfixit

I looked a little closer at your picture. It's hard to tell but is there a new diaphragm in there? I can't tell if it's cracked or just wet. Maybe someone installed it incorrectly and it's blocking the ports.

Friday, September 28th 2012, 11:31pm

by mrfixit

Open the bleeder screw farther. Take it out if need be but don't force it, the threads on the brass can strip. If it doesn't come on then either the water is shut off, the flow control is turned down or nut that holds the seat washer in place has come off.
You could try tapping on the valve with a hammer while the bleeder screw is open. Maybe the diaphragm is just old.
Maybe you can buy plastic valve adapter at the Home Depot. Orbit or Lawn Genie.
Irritrol makes a couple good plastic ones. You'll have to go to an Irrigation supply house for those.
Just don't buy any brass converter that's not Superior brand. The Rainbird and Orbit that look identical to the 800 have given me nothing but trouble with the diaphragms leaking.

Friday, September 28th 2012, 8:56pm

by brycenesbitt

Ah, got it, thanks.

However I can't get it to operate manually with the bleed screw. Water just sort of dribbles out and nothing dramatic happens. Can I get it to turn on by unscrewing the solenoid shaft?
You can turn that valve on manually with the bleeder screw. It's the thing that looks like you can turn it with a screwdriver.

Friday, September 28th 2012, 6:34pm

by Wet_Boots

A reliable convertor assembly is sold with the Lawn Genie name at numerous retail outlets.

Friday, September 28th 2012, 1:51pm

by mrfixit

Lawnlife is the the brand of the valve body. The actuator screwed into it is a Superior 800.
The thing you're calling the plunger is the solenoid post. It's stationary. The plunger is inside of it.
The solenoid you're pulling off is perfectly fine. It comes off like that.
The 800 is easy to rebuild for a pro. Just buy a rebuild kit. They'll cost between 7 and 12 bucks. Depends where you buy one.
Or you can by they whole actuator for 45 or so.
You can turn that valve on manually with the bleeder screw. It's the thing that looks like you can turn it with a screwdriver.
You might need parts for the front of the valve also. A new fiber washer and a new float washer. Or just buy a float kit.
Go to Hydroscape or Ewing Irrigation. Maybe even John Deere Irrigation. Depends where you live.