You are not logged in.

Reply

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 1047 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Message
Settings
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 6:48am

by ReddHead

Yea, your main line and laterals are larger than mine. Mine are 1" and 3/4" and my zones are on the smaller side.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 12:02pm

by grey

Mine was rated 6.1 SCFM @40 PSI and still didn't do very well. Maybe I have longer runs plus my mainline is 1 1/4", laterals are 1". The biggest problem are 4-5' shrub risers. Yesterday a company came over and on smaller zones (the one I thought I did good) still quite a bit of mist came out. On shrub zone he had to do it couple times.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 11:04am

by ReddHead

I have a 20 gallon 5.1 SCFM @ 40psi compressor and it did the job but took some time. I had to purge each zone about 3 or 4 times, each time letting it refill.

Friday, November 4th 2011, 11:15am

by grey

It's not just peace of mind, I know there still water left

Friday, November 4th 2011, 9:27am

by wsommariva

Peace of mind to have a pro involved then.

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 8:07pm

by grey

My attempt at blow outs

I've got a 6.1 SCFM compressor the other day to give it a try on my sprinkler system. Well I guess it didn't work well. I went 2 times over each zone. First time it worked fine: heads came up blowing air-water mix. On the second time sprinklers on the longest runs didn't come up. I could hear air blowing through. Smaller zones came up fine. I have small flower bed zone with 8 six inch pop-ups and VAN nozzles that don't come up either. My guess I eliminated about 90% of water but that is obviously not enough.
In any case I scheduled a "pro" with bigger compressor to do it.