You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 2713 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 6 posts

Monday, August 15th 2011, 7:11pm

by Mitchgo

sean, That's pretty damn funny lol

If you get a donkey can I ride him?

Monday, August 15th 2011, 7:11pm

by hi.todd

i am kind of slow and it took me about a year to learn the complete sprinkler vocabulary. I don't think I could sell many sprinkler systems either using terminogy in Houston like water stopper case.

This may be my favorite thread of all time on this site.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Monday, August 15th 2011, 9:55am

by seansy59

We called someone down for our sprinklers to put some in. We never hired him because of his terminology. Thats when I installed the system myself. His terms were insane.

Water Stopper- Valves

Water Stopper Cases- Valve Box

Water Wizzer- Sprinkler (I liked this one :D

Automatic Water Stopper Switcher- Timer

Water Transport- Pipes/Laterals

Not once did he use the correct terms. Although, I knew what he meant, he should of still knew what they were. He never mentioned a PVB either. 8|

Monday, August 15th 2011, 4:17am

by mrfixit

It's funny the words people come up with. I had a guy the other day tell me the knuckles were moldy and he took them out. Turns out he meant check valves.

Monday, August 15th 2011, 2:07am

by hi.todd

Sounds like your landscaper was having fun with you. But, a 3/4 inlet would normally indicate a rotor type head. I am familiar with that Hunter PGP or Rainbird 5000, T-Bird, Falcon, (not a donkey or mule). I may not know what your landscaper had in mind.

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 8:49pm

by grass won't grow (Guest)

can't remember the part i need

i need a sprinkler for my yard that they don't sell at home depot or lowes. A landscaper told me it was called a donkey or a mule, i can't remember which one. It's a pop up sprinkler with a 3/4 attachment i think. I'd like to buy it online but the old one got thrown out and didn't have any identifying marks. Anyone have any idea what the sprinkler is called? Thanks!