You are not logged in.


Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 3573 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 3 posts

Tuesday, May 5th 2009, 9:27am

by HooKooDooKu

If everything from the cut to the control box is indoors, then you don't need any specialty wire. Any 18 guage wire should do. The principal thing about "irrigation" wire is that it has an outer sheath that allows the wire to be buried directly in the ground. The sheath protects the wire from degrading because it's in contact with the soil. But once you get indoors, you no longer have that sort of worry.

Oh, and by the way, when you have 6 control valve, usually you only have 7 conductors: 1 common, 6 control lines. You should only need 12 conductors if the valves are spread around the yard (and therefore two wire MUST go to each valve). But if the valves are located at a single manifold... well if someone wired it with 12 conductors, they were wasting $$$ buying more wire than was needed.

Monday, May 4th 2009, 6:59am

by Wet_Boots

Home centers sell control wire by the foot.

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 11:04pm

by sphynix06 (Guest)

Need 12 conductor 18 gauge wire

I need 12 conductor 18 quage irrigation wire to repair a system in a house that I just purchased. Someone stole the control box from the garage and cut the wire that leads out side to the valves. I have no idea what system was there beside seeing the Hunter valves and heads. I have 24 heads on the property with 6 control valves(that I have found)

I don't want to have to by a whole 250' roll. Any suggetions on where to get "repair" wire?